Customized Professional Development for Your School/District
Are you looking to improve the teaching and learning of mathematics in your school or district?
Mike Flynn’s expertise is in developing and supporting long-term systemic improvements in math instruction. He works with teachers, administrators, paraprofessionals, parents, school boards, and students. Click here to see one of Mike’s sessions.
Contact Mike Flynn at email@example.com to talk with him about your district’s professional learning needs and how he might support your goals.
Mike facilitates sessions in a variety of formats at your school, district, or organization and can do most engagements online if you need that option instead of face-to-face. All formats and experiences can be modified to fit your needs.
- Keynotes (30 – 120 minutes)
- Short sessions/workshops (1-3 hours)
- Interactive webinars (1-2 hours)
- Full day sessions/workshops (1-3 days)
- Learning labs (1-3 days)
- Mini interactive web series (up to 8 hours totals over the course of a few weeks)
Heavy Lifts (greatest impact)
- Multiple sessions/workshops/learning labs scheduled throughout the year
- Graduate level courses for teachers and teacher leaders
- Multi-year professional learning that supports all stakeholders in the district
Mike has a large repertoire of topics for professional learning. Below are some of the more recent ones he has led.
- Building Teachers’ Mathematical and Pedagogical Content Knowledge (PreK-8)
- Moving Beyond Answer-Getting to Support Mathematical Practices
- Problem-Based Learning
- Building Number Sense and Fluency
- Shifting From Teacher-Directed to Student-Centered Math Instruction
- Modifying Lessons to Make them Accessible for All Learners
- Creating Coherence Across the Grades
- Understanding and Addressing Resistance in Mathematics Education
“I just wanted to thank you for the training and the abundance of resources you gave us to make math more fun!” 6th grade teacher at Skaith Elementary in St. Joseph, Missouri
“As predicted, your workshop here was a huge success and the staff is hoping for more leadership from you. Thank you so much for getting our folks thinking more mathematically.” Assistant Superintendent, Longmeadow, MA