The Mathematics Leadership Program for Mathematics Coaching
The MLP Leadership Institute will draw from Cultivating a Math Coaching Practice materials. This institute is designed to be appropriate for math coaches and is being held on July 15-19, 2013.
The Mathematics Leadership Program for Mathematics Coaching is based on the CMCP materials and is structured to bring together math coaches from kindergarten through middle school and those who provide professional development or course-work for math coaching. During the institute, participants engage in discussions of cases of coaching and investigate mathematics related to K-8 classroom settings. Sessions explore the following essential pedagogical issues of math coaching:
- Cultivating relationships based on mathematics teaching and learning with inexperienced, experienced, and resistant teachers
- Preparing for and conducting classroom observations
- Planning for and facilitating mathematics discussion in teacher meetings
- Framing the connection between coach and teacher goals
- Collaborating with principals and district administrators
- Refining and reflecting on coaching practice.
For an application to the summer institute, see Summer Institute Application.
See the Schedules & Costs page for schedule information.