“Hands down the best mathematics professional development experience I ever had.” 2014 participant
Are you looking for high-quality, engaging professional development?
Would you like support with your implementation of the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics?
Do you want to learn from nationally recognized educators whose contributions have helped shape the math education community?
Then join us at Mount Holyoke College during our 2015 Summer Institutes for opportunities to:
- Strengthen your mathematical content and pedagogical knowledge
- Deepen your understanding of the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics
- Examine the Common Core Math Practice Standards in action though analysis of math activities, classroom video, and classroom cases
- Join a community of teacher leaders from all over the country interested in the teaching and learning of mathematics
Our blended institutes are designed for teachers, coaches, instructional leaders, support staff, and administrators. You may choose to join us on campus or attend virtually.
2015 Developing Mathematical Ideas (DMI) Summer Institutes:
DMI, a professional development curriculum for teachers, provides one-week content institutes with opportunities for participants to engage with the ideas and activities of each module in sessions led by the authors of the materials, in collaboration with educational leaders who have experience with these materials in their own practice. Participants choose among the following DMI modules:
July 6 – 10
- Building a System of Tens
- Measuring Space in One, Two, and Three Dimensions
July 13 – 17
- Making Meaning for Operations
July 20 – July 24
- Working With Data
- Research on Learning: Implementing the Common Core Math Practice Standards
Coaching Institute: July 13 – 17
This institute, designed for math coaches, administrators, and teacher leaders, offers customized professional development that targets the specific needs and interests of leaders who want to support the improvement of math instruction in the schools and/or districts.
Facilitation Institute: July 13 – 17
MLP offers a one-week facilitation institute designed to assist teacher leaders in developing skills and knowledge for leading DMI seminars at their own sites. Prior experience with one of our DMI seminars is required. Please contact MLP Director Mike Flynn if your are interested in our Facilitation Institute