Connecting Arithmetic to Algebra
Starting September 2015
- Participants study the process of articulating general claims, working to understand those claims, and learning how to prove them.
- CAA spans the entire school year in three separate 6-week sessions so teachers can develop the mathematical thinking of their own students in the context of their own curriculum.
- Each 6-week session includes two live virtual learning events.
- Instructors provide individualized feedback based on discussions from teachers’ own classroom and students’ work. This feedback includes suggestions for pedagogical strategies to enhance mathematics discussions.
- Participants will receive 6 graduate credits (4 in mathematics and 2 in math education) upon successful completion of the course.
Online application can be accessed from our webpage. The Connecting Arithmetic to Algebra fee of $1,500 per person includes a full academic year of professional development, access to our web board, opportunities to interact with other teachers and coaches from across the country, as well as individual feedback from experienced instructional leaders. Click on the “Apply Now” link below.
Click on the Apply Now link below to access our online application. You will be asked to create an account profile and will be assigned a PIN that you will use to login to the application website. When selecting the program, choose “MLP Online Courses.” If you have any problems applying please contact our director, Michael Flynn at email@example.com.