WMMP Mission Statement
We strive to bring PreK-16 math educators in Western Massachusetts together to learn from each other in order to improve student learning. We do this by facilitating opportunities to explore and appreciate mathematics and math teaching practices with a growth mindset. We believe this enables educators to support diverse learners who believe in themselves.
- We believe in the value of vertical collaboration across our community of PreK-16 educators.
- We are lifelong learners, exploring mathematics for both our professional and personal growth and enjoyment.
- We believe that everyone has a “math mind.” Therefore, we value the ideas and thought processes of all members of our learning community.
- Math education is a distinct area of expertise, requiring strong conceptual understanding and appreciation of specific habits of mind.
- Authentic math experiences, such as inquiry and discourse, are necessary to truly engage learners.