Professional Development for Coaching Mathematics
July 16 – July 20
The Professional Development for Coaching Mathematics Institute is based on the Cultivating a Math Coaching Practice materials and is structured to bring together math coaches from kindergarten through middle school and those who provide professional development or coursework for math coaching. During the institute, participants engage in discussions of cases of coaching and investigate mathematics related to K-8 classroom settings. Sessions explore the following essential pedagogical issues of math coaching:
- Cultivating relationships based on mathematics teaching and learning with inexperienced, experienced, and resistant teachers
- Preparing for and conducting classroom observations
- Planning for and facilitating mathematics discussion in teacher meetings
- Framing the connection between coach and teacher goals
- Collaborating with principals and district administrators
- Refining and reflecting on coaching practice.
Applications open in January
See the Schedule & Cost page for schedule information.